I'm not a huge fan of this Southern favorite, but my dad loves eating grits for breakfast. He had been requesting a recipe that incorporated grits for a few weeks, but I couldn't find anything that I thought I would like. I saw this recipe on Sandwich King and decided to give it a try -- I'm pretty sure anything will taste good with cheese and garlic incorporated throughout.
From Sandwich King.
Ingredients:
-1 head garlic
-Olive oil, for drizzling
-Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
-4 cups vegetable stock
-1 cup stone-ground grits
-1/2 cup grated white Cheddar
-1/2 cup milk cream
-4 slices yellow Cheddar
| Trim the ends off of a head of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake covered in foil at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. |
| Once the garlic is roasted, squeeze the cloves out of the peel. Smear on a cutting board until a paste forms. |
| Meanwhile, heat four cups of vegetable stock to a boil. Pour in one cup of grits and cook until fluffy. Mix in the 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of cheddar. |
| Pour into four ramekins. |
| Top each with cheddar. |
| Bake for 2-3 minutes at 400 until melted. |
| Ready to eat. |
This recipe was very good. The cheesy and the garlic complimented the grits nicely, J. and I both enjoyed it even though neither of us usually like grits. The garlic in this recipe was incredibly strong and I'm a garlic lover, if I make this again I will probably use just half a head of garlic to prevent the flavor from being overwhelming.
No comments:
Post a Comment